Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Working Dinner: “Blue Ribbon Panel” (Board, Advisory and Paelists) 6:00-7:30PM
- Welcome Reception (Open to all attendees)) 7:30-9:00PM
Monday, June 12, 2017
8:00 – 9:00 AM Registration/Continental Breakfast in Meeting Room
8:30 – 9:00 AM Welcome, Overview and Recap of IOM Meeting: Michael Salgaller (NIH)
9:00 – 10:45 AM Session 1: State of the Art, Identifying Gaps
Discussant/Moderator: Dr. William Eward (Duke)
- 9:10 AM Science: How well do canine cancers represent their human counterparts?
- 9:30 AM Science: What unique challenges do scientists studying canine cancers face?
- 9:50 AM Comparative Oncology: What is the state of our current system for conducting canine trials?
- 10:10 AM Pediatric Oncology: What gaps in pediatric oncology might be effectively addressed with canine models?
- 10:30 AM OPEN DISCUSSION
10:45 – 11:00 AM Morning Break
11:00 – 12:30 PM Session 2: Innovative Ideas and Solutions: What’s Working?
- 11:05 AM Case Study: Cooperation between industry and academia, human and veterinary groups in developing c-kit mediated disease.
- 11:20 AM Case Study: Cooperation between philanthropy and academia, human and veterinary groups in osteosarcoma.
- 11:50 AM Case Study: Integrated medicine: development of immuno-oncology agents using and integrated approach.
- 12:05 PM OPEN DISCUSSION
12:30 – 12:45 PM Break/set up for lunch
12:45 – 2:45 PM Working Lunch with Keynote Speaker(s)
Len Lichtenfeld (American Cancer Society)
1:30 – 2:45 PM Session 3: Voice of the Stakeholders
- Discussant/Moderator: Len Lichtenfeld (American Cancer Society)
- 2:00 PM Advocacy and the coordination of public/private partnerships
- 2:15 PM Addressing the needs of pediatric oncology patients
- 2:30 PM Comparative Oncology 2.0 Chand Khanna (Ethos)
2:45 – 3:00 PM Coffee Break
3:00 – 5:00 PM The Future: Towards an Integrated Approach to Pediatric & Canine Cancer Drug Development (Round Table Discussion)
Facilitator: Arlene Weintraub (Author, Heal: The Vital Role of Dogs in the Search for Cancer
5:00 PM Adjourn
5:00 – 6:00 PM Reception (for participants who can stay and Blue Ribbon Group)
6:00 – 7:00 PM Blue Ribbon Panel reconvenes
* A detailed, Downloadable Agenda i - to include a complete list of speakers/panelists - is being prepared and will be posted soon - to include a complete list of speakers/panelists